|K at the Oregon coast|
It's officially fall! Past the fall equinox, but more than that, the weather has finally changed. It's a lovely 56 degrees this morning. Finally, finally pulling out the fall clothes and the first PSL of the season (of course).
I haven't been blogging at all for a long time which I attribute to life in general, but I miss itHowever, I do want to check back in and see if I did my summer bucket list. So here it goes:
- Catch lightning bugs--DONE!
- Host a summer party for Madi's friends--YES, DONE!
- Host a summer party for my friends--WELL--YES, my friend Bethany hosted a fabulous birthday party for me which was as summer highlight. We had a Thai-Mexican fusion potluck and shared poetry.
- Read the Harry Potter series (again! but it's been awhile)--halfway thru book 2--MADE IT TO 1/2 in BOOK 4
- Have many s-l-o-w summer evenings of park, walks, sitting outside (in process)--LOTS OF EVENING WALKS!
- Get to the beach! (Oregon coast in July)--YES! IT WAS WONDERFUL!
- Get away as a family--summer VACAY!! (Oregon in July)--YES: We saw Madi at her camp and had a day with her enjoying Portland, went to the Oregon zoo, spent 3 great weather days at the coast, saw friends
- Shakespeare at the Park--DONE! and more to come!
- Pool trips with Kai (I am aiming for 5 pool visits)--NO! I did not go to the pool once. However, we did splash in our kiddie pool several times.
- Make homemade ice cream--DID NOT HAPPEN.
- Make a container vegetable garden--YES. We enjoyed cherry tomatoes all summer!
- Go camping as a family (this is planned for late Aug or early Sept)--SADLY, NO
- Restaurant date with Clint, sitting outside on a patio--NO...I don't think Clint and I had the date night with the patio restaurant that was in my mind.
- Day with Madi (TBD)--DID NOT HAPPEN
Summer ended much earlier than I was anticipating. When I got back from vacation around July 20, my work took off and August was a blur of activity. So, some of my summer plans for August did not happen. However, we did have a great summer and I feel good about where I ended up.
Did summer feel like summer to you? Did you finish your bucket list?